PACT (Peace Activation and Conflict Transformation) Center is specialized in conflict resolution and peace-building activities. Established in 2006 by Dr. Al-Moosawi, the founder of Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid, the PACT Centre arose out of a concern from the escalating violence and the lack of strong peaceful voices and effective neutral speeches within the Iraqi community. Through our work with vulnerable groups and disaster-affected populations, mainly monitoring and delivery of emergency humanitarian aid, Mercy Hands has recognized the need to identify the causes of these disasters and address them.
Based on the analyses of the reality, it was concluded that failure of different community sectors and groups to acknowledge their differences is causing escalating tension and violence. Since its establishment, PACT center has implemented many programs and activities in partnership with many international organizations, such as Oxfam, MCC, and USIP.
- Peace Education Program for Children in Al-Jihad Neighborhood: Funded by United States Institute of Peace (USIP), implemented in Baghdad (2012 - 2013)
- Peace Education School for Vulnerable Children: Funded by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), implemented in Baghdad (2008 - 2009)
- Peace Education Curriculum & ICCC Summer School: Funded by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), implemented in Baghdad (2007)
- Introduction Income Generation Activities to IDPs, Returnees and Hosting Communities to Transform Faced Conflicts in Baghdad, funded by UNHCR (2007).
- Conflict Resolution Program- Focusing on the Palestinian Refugees and the Iraqi Community: Funded by Oxfam, implemented in Baghdad (2006 - 2007). Read the Conflict Resolution Program Final Report of the program.
- Conflict Resolution TOT for Palestinian Refugees: Funded by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), implemented in Baghdad (2006).
- TOT in Conflict Transformation Throught Mediation and Negotiations: Funded by UNIFEM, implemented in Baghdad (2006)
Please feel free to contact us to inquire further about our projects or future partnerships.