We recognized the need to work on preventing the roots of the conflicts in Iraq rather than dealing with the consequences shortly after Mercy Hands was established in 2004. It was in Mercy Hands work strategy for 2005 - 2006 to build the capacity of our team to work on conflict resolution and peacebuilding. Our first activity in this regard was a series of ToT (Train-of-Trainers) workshops, followed by a wide scale program that targeted the Palestinian refugees and their surrounding communities in Baghdad. To have a bigger impact in the field of peacebuilding, Dr. Khaldoon Al-Moosawi, President and Founder of Mercy Hands, established PACT Center. Read more.. PACT Center has planned and implemented numerous activities and projects in the field of conflict resolution and peacebuilding. Here is a highlight of prominent PACT activities and projects:
- Conflict Resolution TOT for Palestinian Refugees: Funded by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), implemented in Baghdad between February and May 2006, total budget $19,574.00
- Conflict Resolution Program- Focusing on the Palestinian Refugees and the Iraqi Community: Funded by Oxfam, implemented in Baghdad between August 2006 and January 2007, total budget $59,440.90
- TOT in Conflict Transformation Throught Mediation and Negotiations: Funded by UNIFEM, implemented in Baghdad between September 2006 and December 2006, total budget $26,870.00
- Peace Education Curriculum & ICCC Summer School: Funded by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), implemented in Baghdad between August 2007 and October 2007, total budget $24,200.00
- Peace Education School for Vulnerable Children: Funded by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), implemented in Baghdad between November 2008 and June 2009, total budget $103,438.20
- Peace Education Program for Children in Al-Jihad Neighborhood: Funded by United States Institute of Peace (USIP), implemented in Baghdad between November 2012 and July 2013, total budget $55,414.00.
For further information or inquiries, please contact PACT Director, Ms. Hanan Findakley, on her e-mail email@example.com or phone 00964 7902826660