Mercy Hands has implemented over 100 projects in different humanitarian sectors in partnership with many international NGOs and UN agencies, such as IOM, UNHCR, WFP, UNDP, UNOPS, UNIFEM/ UN Women, UNESCO, OCHA, UNAMI, Oxfam, Mennonite Central Committee, JVC, USIP, ACTED, Mercy Corps, and USAID to name a few. Through its headquarters in Baghdad, three satellite offices, and many mobile teams, Mercy Hands operates nationwide. According to 2015 - 2016 Work Strategy, Mercy Hands is currently active in the following humanitarian sectors: emergency aid, civil society and democratization, peacebuilding, education, legal aid and protection, health. Our focus is on vulnerable gorups, including IDPs, women, children, and minorities.
Our geographical coverage:
· Baghdad (HQ)
· Erbil (Regional Office)
· Babil (satellite office in Hilla)
· Dohuk (satellite office in Dohuk)
· Ninewah (satellite offices in: Hammam Al Alil, Mosul and Qayyarah)
· Salah Al Din (satellite office in Tikrit)
· Anbar (Field staff and in the process of opening a satellite office)
· Karbala (satellite office in Karbala City)
Currently Funded Projects (As of January 2016):
- Iraqi Alumni Association Development:the project is about organizing the Iraqi alumni of U.S. exchange programs into three Alumni Associations (Southern, Central, and Northern Regions of Iraq). It involves a lot of workshops, training sessions, group meetings, conferences, and community activities, taking place in different locations nationwide. Funded by US Embassy in Baghdad. Launched in January 2016.
- Legal Assistance and Information Center in Babil Governorate:Provide Legal and administrative assistance/ awareness to vulnerable groups and IDPs in Babil Governorate. Funded by Tt-DPK. Launched in October 2015
- WFP's Emergency Food Assistance to Populations Affected by Iraq Crisis (Kerbala Governorate):Launched in 2014
- WFP's Emergency Food Assistance to Populations Affected by Iraq Crisis (Baghdad Governorate):Launched in 2014
- Management of WFP Main Warehouse in Basrah:Launched in 2015
- Operational Management of WFP Baghdad Warehouse:Launched in 2015
- UN Logistics Cluster Warehouse Management in Baghdad:Launched in 2015
Available expertise and specialists:
Due to its long-standing expertise in implementing humanitarian aid projects including protection projects across Iraq since 2004, Mercy Hands has the technical expertise and specialist as well as the networks and access to even hard to reach areas to implement GBV case management and psychosocial support services. Through its 13 years of experiences and engagement with local communities Mercy hands is trusted within local communities and other humanitarian actors to facilitate confidential referrals to GBV response service providers.