Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid is a non governmental not-for-profit organization that works in conflict torn and disaster affected areas to save lives, sustain human rights and restore a healthy community. We serve people in need, regardless of their religion, sect, ethnicity and/or political affiliation.
Mercy Hands mandate is:
- To monitor humanitarian crises and assess population needs.
- To alleviate suffering of disaster-affected populations.
- To advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups.
- To work with other active players on ground to ensure efficient and timely delivery of aid to people in need.
- To participate in building a robust Iraqi civil society.
- To work on preventing or transforming conflicts within the community.
Mercy Hands Sector Areas and Geographic Coverage
Mercy Hands is active in the following humanitarian sectors:
- Food Security/ NFI
- Legal Aid & Protection
- Civil Society
Through our Headquarters and three Satellite Offices, we have strong presence in Baghdad, Babil, Karbala, Basrah, and the surrounding Governorates. Our total full time staff is 72 employees, nearly half of them are based at the Headquarters in Baghdad and the others are distributed among the three Satellite Offices in Babil, Karbala, and Basrah. We also have a limited program and coordination mission in Erbil, run by two full time employees.
In addition to our employees, we have a network of volunteers and local NGOs in all Central and Southern Governorates.